The Reconstruction: Bad Thursday!

Friday, April 07, 2006

Bad Thursday!

Whoever said Mondays are a bad day hasn't had a Thursday like mine.

First, I found out my bank checkcard had been used to go purchase 100 bucks worth of stuff....and not even good stuff....by someone other than me. So, I got to have a fun time canceling my card and being put on hold by numerous companies. By the way - have you ever encountered a phone system that actually kicks you off if they make you wait longer than 10 minutes? "Due to high call volume, your call will be terminated once your wait time reaches 10 minutes." They make you wait - then, after you've wasted 10 minutes, they make you start all over. Very lame! Luckily, the mystery charge was only 100 bucks and everything should get reversed and turn out fine. My new card is on its way, and I actually had a dream that it arrived. So, that sounds like a good omen, right?

But, I went home and discovered the electrician amusing himself by putting holes in my ceiling. He had to be amusing himself, cause I certainly didn't tell him to do that. He was supposed to go from the breaker box, up the wall, and then run the wire in the ceiling below the beams....going through the laundry closet and utility closet. Then, take the wire across the hall by going between the ceiling beams and then down to the utility box in the wall. Cutting required? - One hole, maybe two....and those would be in the closets. I can fix that. See - I wanted him to follow the blue path...but he decided to do it his way. Super! So, he cut 8 holes in the ceiling....the ceiling that just got painted 1.5 months ago. The very same ceiling that runs into the living room....so, that's a lot of repainting. In fact, it would have been better if he just cut a big piece of drywall out. Cause it would make less seams when I go to repair it. So, that's probably what I'll do. Then, I'll borrow Mr. R and his nail gun and I''m hoping it won't look like crap if I just paint the new parts. It can be hard to match new paint to old paint, but it was just painted, so hopefully, it will be okay.

But Miss R. gave me a pep talk. Bottom line - I need to be bitchier. I can get really annoyed, but then when I actually need to yell at the people, I wimp out. Mental note - Must practice bitchy-ness. Hey - are you looking at me?


4 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger seal said...

Seriously. Dude should be responsible for fixing those holes. Totally uncalled for and inconsiderate.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

i agree on both accounts.
you need to raise hell.
really raise hell.
and unless it is agreed to
he should be responsible for that.
i have an electrician you can talk to
if you want...
heesch- i can't believe
what a nightmare
this has been!
:(

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger MikaJ said...

i can give you some lessons.
i can totally let the bitch out at times.
to parking people.
RAs.
people at Lowes.
crazy kick ball guys.
sorry this has been such a mess...

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Tracykins said...

Thanks for all the sympathy ladies! Despite the holes, etc, there should be happier news later this week. Keep your fingers crossed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home