The Reconstruction: Coughing my way to the weekend

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Coughing my way to the weekend

Still not entirely better, but working on it. And moving furniture around in my free time. The floor will be leveled on Wednesday, so I have to take everything out of the living room/dining nook/kitchen. No small task. I think some stuff is going out in the hallway outside my apartment. The rest will be stacked to the ceiling in one of the rooms with carpet. Theoretically, I will have flooring put down this weekend. But....there is always a 'but,' so I'll believe it when I see it. Then, I will lay down on it and cry tears of joy...but I'll wipe them up quickly to avoid floor damage. And then - I'll unpack, take stuff out of storage, re-arrange, give away unwanted furniture, purchase needed furniture, install a pocket door, fix the washer/dryer closet, build in-the-wall shelves, paint walls aplenty, and sigh a great big sigh. So close, but yet...

I had originally planned to have everything 'done' in the place by the end of this month. I'm guessing I'm not going to make it. Things always take longer than I think they will. But - spring is coming - a great time to paint with the windows open, hunt yard sales for cool furniture, and take a break outside when home repair gets overwhelming. I think things are going to get better. Back me up on this. And get ready for paint and drywall parties. :)

4 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger MikaJ said...

things are getting better hooray!
i cant wait for you to have a partay!
hooray!
i will bring margot, and she can partay!!!!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

let me know if i need to be looking at the village for a certain something-something for your place!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Beta said...

While I feel bad that so many people have been letting you down on the construction stuff, I can't help but think the whole process is very grown up. Renovation and picking hardwood flooring are things adults do! I'm jealous because we're scared to drill things into the walls of our rental. I can't wait to play with paint over at your place.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Tracykins said...

All I can say is - don't grow up. Honestly, At this point, I'd take rental walls anyday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home