The Reconstruction: Some Visual Aids

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Some Visual Aids

All this talk about paint, carpets, decor, etc. would be a lot more interesting with some photos. So, let's start the tour.

First off, my apartment is an english basement...a nice way of saying it is 2/3 underground. Steve-o once called it a hobbit hole and the name stuck. He claims hobbit holes are cozy, comfy and full of tasty things to eat. Right now, mine is just full of busted stuff, dirt and a bunch of boxes.

First - the kitchen. Note the displaced cabinets, electric yellow paint and the pile of electric meters in the middle of the room. Guess who did that?






Then, the dining nook. Not exactly a room, just a nook. But you can't really see it now anyway cause there is a pile of stuff in the way - everything, in fact, including the kitchen sink! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)







Onto the living room. Funny angles everywhere and again the fabulous electric yellow. But you can tell from the paint blobs up on the walls that I'm planning to remedy that.








Down the hall, past the disconnected washer/dryer and into the bedrooms. The bars on the window make it look kinda prison-like. Charming, huh? I wonder if that's what Martha tried to tell herself during her confinement.










Bedroom number 2 is the final stop on the tour. It's pretty much the mirror image of the first bedroom. (I'll spare you shots of the bathroom).

So, that's the place...or what's left of it. But with any luck, there will be carpet on Monday, new drywall and some paint on Tuesday and maybe a complete floor by the week after that. Plus, all the painting I'll get to do because I don't have the dough to actually pay someone else to do it. I might pay someone to do the kitchen though, cause all those cabinets are going to be a pain to tape off.

I welcome any colors you love, as suggestions. Well, anything but electric yellow.





3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

like i said... bribe people to help you paint... call it a paint-n-bitch and they won't know it is slave labor.
so why are you painting after you put the carpet in?

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Tracykins said...

One hyphenated word - Ka-sleazio....

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Beta said...

Wow, impressive. I submit myself to any painting party you may have - and I have references!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home