The Reconstruction: Star*ucks really is a bad bad place!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Star*ucks really is a bad bad place!

I don't go into Star*ucks much. I am sort of opposed to their "every other street corner" takeover of America. But it was on my way to work, and I had a craving for hot chocolate. But when I walked in, I saw my sworn enemy, the developer that 'renovated' my building 4 years ago. The man who is the source of so many of my problems. I thought about throwing my hot beverage on him. But I think that qualifies as assault. And I don't have time for going to jail right now.

Then, I figured I'd just pour the hot cocoa into his briefcase. That's probably only destruction of property or something. Maybe just a fine...or probation. But by the time I got my beverage, he was packed up. So, I missed my chance. Truly a bummer. It totally would have been worth the 2.60 plus tax.

The irony of it is that I had just come from my house, where I was meeting the painter that was going to paint the parts covered by the insurance people...from the imploding sprinkler incident.....which was a result of the upstairs busted pipe incident. Gosh - there have been a lot of incidents! With any luck, they'll be painting early next week...right after the carpet gets in the bedrooms. Hopefully, without any incidents. I told them twice to avoid the sprinkler heads. I still won't have flooring in the rest of the house, or a kitchen, but at least progress is being made - sort-of. I'll be living in the bedrooms with a microwave. The bathroom is all in one piece, so that's good, at least. No bathroom would kinda be a problem. I'd be showering at the gym at work. Yuck.

I took pictures while I was there, and will post those once I get the memory card home. Hold onto your keyboards!

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

damn... should have poured it into his briefcase... next time, call me and i'll do it... real quick-like...they can't tie me to contractors... erg, well except that i am partnered with an architect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home