The Reconstruction: Boxes, Boxes, Everywhere

Monday, February 27, 2006

Boxes, Boxes, Everywhere

Let there be carpet! and some paint! Hello 'white sand.' Hello 'white cloud' with 'simply white' trim. Okay, it's not as exciting as electric yellow, but it's progress! Trust me, I can smell the difference. With new carpet and new paint, the place is a VOC ('volatile organic compound' for you non-scientists) heaven....or hell. Mmmm, I can feel the headache coming on already.

But, now you can see all the boxes that I've been moving in for last 2 weekends. Well, not single-handedly. I'm buff, but not that buff. :) The funny (or disturbing or uh-oh) part is that this is mostly just the man's stuff. Most of my things are still in storage. Hmm, i think I need a bigger place. We look a little like alcoholics if you pay attention to what all the boxes are from. We had to do a ton of drinking to get all these boxes empty and ready for moving. It was hard work.

So, I woke up this morning to a balmy 55 degree house. Thanks to Ms. Tiny Fit for her space heater, which kept the bedroom livable. Yes, I am now officially sleeping at reconstruction central. Though, last night I slept with a light on. It was scary there. No really. And it kinda has a funky smell cause no one has lived there for 9 months. Actually - now that I think about it. I slept there last night for the first time in....9 months and 4 days. Yikes. It's sort of disturbing to actually count that out.

The rest of the house won't get flooring til the second week in March at the earliest. So, I won't have a kitchen...or a living room til then. But I'm hoping to do some cooking over at R's house....and some laundry, too. Feel free to invite me over to watch TV, knit, or otherwise get me out of this place. It's livable, but definitely not cozy. (Desperate plea for companionship alert) :)

As an added bonus for you - here's a shot of my super-clorox clean bathroom...the weekend's manual labor. On my way to clean the bathroom, the poor hyundai was pelted with an egg from some wanna-be gangster children. Ahh - back in the neighborhood
.

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Beta said...

Ah! YOU'RE OldandBusted! I was a bit confused reading your posts on mine and others' blogs. Mystery solved. If Adams Morgan is not too distasteful for you, you could come by to knit and have tea any time!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

come on over and have dinner with us.
you name the day and i...i mean grub...will make you a lovely meal and you can hang out in our vintage, non-outgasing apartment.
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home