The Reconstruction: I miss chairs

Monday, May 15, 2006

I miss chairs

Despite many hours working on the the ol' house, I seem to have stalled on my progress. I still don't have the rest of my cabinets in because I discovered the ice maker line to my fridge was drip drip dripping. And since the people at the home despot are useless, I had to order the stuff I needed online. So, I am waiting for the horribly useless ups people to bring it to me. And if I put the cabinets back, it will only make fixing the fridge more difficult.

I also have a series of beiges, browns and tans up on my wall. And I am having trouble deciding. Is it too green, too pink, too dark, too yellow? The pressure is killing me! Maybe I need a whole new frame of mind - like - haha, it's fun to try out 9 different paint colors!

I'll give it a try, but it's tough when....as Steve-o said the other night, "I miss sitting on chairs." We eat dinner on the floor, cause all of the furniture is still in storage. We plugged in the TV the other night and I sat there on the floor, completely mesmerized by law and order. I realized I hadn't watched TV in months! And it wasn't really the watching-tv part that hooked me. I'm not much of a TV addict.....well, maybe for law and order. But it was just the opportunity to forget about the house, and all the work I need to do, for a little while. A little escape, if you will. Then, after they found out that the church was burned by the son of the guy who slept with his stepmom, once the son found out that his brother was really his dad, I got up off the floor and slapped another paint color on the wall. Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a crackling energy in the air, like before a storm - the home is coming together. The English basement is losing its Cockney drawl for a refined, lordly maner of speech. The kitchen is nearing completion with food in cupboards, a functional sink, and a busy dishwasher. The living room looks on track for painting next week. And I have discovered a buring desire to throw out 80% of everything I own; I want to get in touch with minimalism. Simplification. I feel better already...

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger MikaJ said...

i love law and order.
especially svu!!!!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger MikaJ said...

how was the homeland?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home