The Reconstruction: Oh yes - Orange!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Oh yes - Orange!

So, I've been spending far too much time in home improvement stores lately. I had a 15 minute chat with Chuck in the Falls Church Home Despot the other day. Turns out that in suburbia, they actually answer your questions rather than run away to another aisle. See - now that I have floor, it's onto fun stuff like built-in shelves, floor trim and other exciting things that require the use of power tools. And paint! The kitchen got some spackle this week. Obviously, spackling is not my forte. But after sanding - it will be much improved. Then, primer and my daring kitchen color - Stirring Orange....which is the top one here. But on the wall, it looks more orange and less sunburned barbie flesh....more like the bottom one. But then again - this will look different on different computers, so just stop on by this weekend, and check it out for yourself!It's an energetic cheerful orange. Orange=friendly and welcoming. It might be a little overpowering, but I figure the kitchen is small and has a lot of other stuff on the walls, so it shouldn't blind people. Only one wall isn't broken up by something, so if it looks crazy there, I can always tone it down with some glaze or just hang something on the wall. I figure it's worth a try. The living room will be a tan of some sort, so that should keep the house from feeling too -high-energy. The old electric yellow paint just makes it feel a little too intense all the time. Hard to relax.

So, I actually took off work for half of today and all of Friday to paint and get my kitchen back together. Steve-o's best friend from San Fran is coming to visit this weekend, so the place needs to have at least the appearance of normalcy. Wish me luck!

On a happy note - even with all the chaos, my plants are still grow, grow, growing. See - Okay, we cheated a bit with Steve-0's herbs, but the other stuff is growing from seed.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

yeah for orange.
much better
than stir-crazy yellow...
i must say that i am
apprehensive
about tan though...
whitish-pink people look
bad against
a tan background.
:(
so i guess i will stay
in the kitchen.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Tracykins said...

Well, I won't be picking a tan if I look crummy next to it. I am white-ish pink, too. I'll be sure to test drive the color....for all of us! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home