The Reconstruction: Back from the homeland

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back from the homeland

I took a little break this weekend and went back to the homeland (a.k.a. my parents' house) to see my sis graduate from grad school, hang out with the fam, and to play with my nephews - Who thought it was absolutely hysterical to run at me full speed and then jump on me.

Yeah - it's a hoot...and I've got the bruises to prove it. Okay, secretly, I think they're downright adorable, even when inflicting pain on me. And my dad and uncle managed to fix the flooring transition pieces that my flooring contractor messed up. He's not going to get paid what he thinks he is, by the way.

Anyway - the weekend was a lovely distraction from the home repair nonsense I've been drowning in. But poor Steve-o, he spent the weekend being awoken by the pitter-patter of little feet....and I don't mean little kids - nope - I mean rodents. We've been hearing them on and off for a little while, but apparently, over the weekend, they got extra fiesty. "Being in the middle of the mouse beltway" was how it was described.

So...that's bad news. But, the kitchen now has all of its cabinets. And I bought the wood to construct my "in the wall" shelves for the kitchen. So, we're making progress on that front. I'm going to try and paint the living room this weekend, so that maybe I can get a couch in there....and watch TV and sit on something besides the floor. I will be so happy! What color will it be? Well, I've narrowed down the contenders, and have quite a few sample pots of 1/2-used BM tans if anyone wants to try them out on your own walls. If not, I'll probably use them in some art project....once I can carve out a corner of the house to be artsy in.

Also, I have to plant this weekend, because the house is being taken over by foliage....and honestly, I need the space to organize stuff. So - Mel and S-dog, come and get your darn tomato plants!

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger MikaJ said...

ah, the homeland!
i am headed there this weekend.
those kids are super cute!
see you at knitting?

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger bugheart said...

cute nephews!
where are their hats?
where are the mice coming from?
maybe they need little
knittted hats too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home