The Reconstruction: The weekend went too fast

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The weekend went too fast

So, I've been a blogging slacker. I'm trying to reform my evil ways. This past weekend, I had plenty of fun. I knitted a plethora of baby hats and visited a pumpkin patch and some farm animals.

I made a trio of cabled baby hats. Two for Steve-o's coworkers and one for my coworker. Pink, sage green and
blue.

I usually dislike the way cables end up looking when you decrease, but I thought this pattern made a nice flower petal-looking top.


Without Mika's pumpkin party, we are going to have to roast our own seeds this year. The horror! But we did get to see some farm animals, and eat caramel apples, but we skipped the hayride....you know - allergies. The second goat looks like he's taking a nap in a really funny position, but he was just going after the good hay on top.



Steve-o and I in the field:
Eeeek, Pumpkin head guy!

I've also been doing a little scientific experimentation in dye world. To make reproducible results, I decided I need to be a bit more exact in my mixology. After all - a little of this, and then some of this, and now a bit of this other one, isn't really terribly accurate. So, I dyed some samples and created a chart of the basic stock colors. Now, I just have to get started on mixtures.

And also on the topic of dyeing yarn, I'm looking for someone to do some graphic work for me. To help design a logo for my handpainted yarn business/side job thingy. I have a concept, but I need someone to put it into whimsical form. If you, or someone you know might be interested, get in touch. $, or other services (no, not that!) to be provided by me.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger MikaJ said...

I am gonna miss you at my NC Pumpkin party! I am sure that your seeds will be just as tasty as mine will! I love that hat with the flower cable top. Where is the pattern from? Can you believe I have never done cables...

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hats!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

yes...
love the hats...
would love
your pattern
for
the petal top.
. . .
can i give you
some ugly green
cascade
220 to do
your dying
magic on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home