The Reconstruction: Summertime....

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Summertime....

Whatever happened to spring?! Summer is here. I switched out my clothes, put away the down comforter, and put on the air conditioning. And I am constantly brushing the cat and lint-roller-ing every piece of furniture in the house, as Smidgen loses her winter coat....all over the place.

The house is really starting to shape up, and with the sewing of a few pillows, and a few more visits to the thrift store, I should be ready to host knitting, conduct dyeing lessons and throw a party. Hooray! I'm aiming for July. Sure, I won't have a new kitchen, and the couch is too big for the living room, but all you need for a good party is crack dip and a few cocktails!

I've got one mini-trip planned for this summer, and hoping to line up a few more. Plus, I have my younger sister's wedding shower later this month. And vegetables to look forward to. I have a few strawberries right now, and most of the garden seems to be bouncing back from the deer episode. The beans are having a rough time, but I think they'll be okay.

This handy link from my fellow gardener has some great tomato info. Unfortunately, my plants were growing so fast, I think I missed my opportunity to prune my tomato plants. Can you prune the suckers if they're really big? If the deer ate the main stem with the flowers on it, will the plant make more? I think I need to do some more research.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger MikaJ said...

where is this mini-trip?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home