The Reconstruction: One door going up!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

One door going up!

Hooray! My front door arrived. I zip-car-ed my way to the big box store to pick up my new front door. The old one's glass met with a rock it didn't like, and so, a new door was in order. So...it has a smaller glass area, which I wasn't completely thrilled with, but in the spirit of cost-savings, and the likelihood of rocks, or other stray objects making their way toward the door....I went with it. One small problem. The peephole I bought doesn't fit in the peephole-hole they drilled in the door. Grrrr. Peepholes are not universal sizes. Who knew!? So, now I need a new drill bit.

The other setback is that I want to paint the door, but it's still too cold to do that outside (supposed to stay above 60 for like a week or something), and I'm sick of paint fumes inside. So, I'll be painting it later this spring.

Note - I said later this spring. With the weather this past week, I am officially calling it spring. Even, if it's only supposed to be 35 on Wednesday. Hey - if there can be a 60 degree day in June, there can be a 35 degree day in Spring. Besides, spring is my favorite season, so I'm a little anxious for it. Planting, freshly sprouted buds, the smell of turned over dirt....I love it!

We also borrowed a super all oak bookcase from Ryan. I actually wanted to build custom shelves for this nook in the living room, but since I don't know how long we'll be in this place....well, you know. The shelves fit pretty well, though, and now my books can escape from the cardboard boxes they've been calling home for the last year and a half.

So...a pretty shnazzy weekend if I do say so myself!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Beta said...

Lovely! I realized recently a very sad fact. I have never met Smidgen. See, isn't that sad? And since you now have a nice new door and the books are out in a bookshelf, you could certainly stand to have company over, right? You could even put me to work if you give me protective goggles (i know you've got 'em!)

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger MikaJ said...

hooray! i cant wait for you to peep at me through your peep hole!
did i ever tell you guys about how you could peep through to the neighboring shower stalls in college to see who was in there. i, uh, dont know if anyone peeped on people, but i just know you could do it if you wanted to ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home