The Reconstruction: Vroom Vroom Buzz

Monday, October 09, 2006

Vroom Vroom Buzz

The Green Hornet is back, but not without cost. At first, things looked bright. The oil problem - a mere 40 bucks in parts and labor! But then, they noticed that the Green Hornet had trouble getting going. It was, as my friend E would say, being a bit putzy on the start-up. The cause - the dreaded timing belt tensioner. Boo! so, the bill quickly went from 40 bucks to over 500! Big Boo!


My plan was to drive it until my registration expires later this year, and then sell the car in PA (where the emissions testing is nonexistent) for about 500 bucks. So, why spend just that much to get it back on the road? I don't know exactly. Must be the sentimental value.

I think the Green Hornet sensed the impending break-up. Seriously, once I started talking about replacing the car, things started going wrong with greater frequency. It's like it knows!

But enough about cars - what about the house? Well, with saw in hand (or more accurately, on the living room floor), I just need to find the time, and the good weather to go out on the lawn and cut some beautiful mitered corners, but someone told me this weekend was going to be rainy. Drat!

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger MikaJ said...

how is the hornet holding up?

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

i know what you mean-
as soon as i started
talking
about getting
rid of
betty
she pooped
out on me.
lesson:
be careful
what you say
around your car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home