The Reconstruction: Watery Quietude

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Watery Quietude

Well, we took our vitamin c pills and got better...just in time for some fabulous DC weather. Weather where the humidity is 40% instead of 99%. Where when it is 84 degrees, it actually feels like 84...not 110. Hooray!

Other good news - we picked our bedroom paint colors. Bedroom one will be a lovely ocean blue-green color called Watery....actually at about 75% (Hooray for Mike at the paint store!) The second bedroom was almost a sage green, but we're going to try a color with a bit more blue in it. a deeper greenish blue called Quietude. It actually looks deeper on the wall. It's the one in the upper left. But Quietude sounds lovely, huh? Hopefully, it will be nice and therapeutic. Good for sleeping, and studying and knitting!

Of course, I just bought the paint. There won't actually be painting until a few weeks from now when Steve-o finishes this. We can't go killing off his brain cells with paint fumes until he's done. He needs them.

Summer is a sleepy time for blogging....much better for playing outside and gardening, but......I bought some trim for the kitchen in-wall shelving thing. Bring out the circular saw! Here goes nothing! Plus, I sold my giant living room chair on here, and I have a few more items that will be posted this week. Who needs a used inkjet printer, or this? I have to clear out the storage unit this month! Especially with all of the parking tickets I keep getting! Wait - remind me why I can't move to the commonwealth like Miss Rebecca, again.

Oh, and on the evil contractor front. An update to the last installment. My insurance company won't step in and settle it. So, now I'm back to having the sleazy contractors say I owe them money, and me saying I don't. We're sort of at an impasse. Okay, so they (whoever they are) say that possession is 9/10ths of the law. But what about when you have money they want, but they have the lawyers? Who wins in that scenario? Hmm.

I'll leave you with one final view of the continuing attempt to purge the apartment of unnecessary boxes, papers, etc. When you don't have time to deal with your bills, give them to the cat to pay.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the colors, hate the contractors. If Smidgen is able to pay bills, perhaps you could hire her out to share her talents with others?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home