The Reconstruction: That new year stuff

Thursday, January 10, 2008

That new year stuff

I don't usually get into all that new year's stuff. Pledging to exercise more, or waste less time on the web, or wake up early - eech! It just makes me feel pressured and uptight, and I take failure badly, so why set myself up for that? But this year, following a milestone-of-sorts birthday and the whole new years fiesta, I did get to thinking about what I want and rather than feeling pressured by the new year ahead, I actually feel rather excited. (This might not last, so I'll take it while I can get it).

The highlights: I'm ready for a change of venue. This might be a move from DC, or maybe it's just a change in neighborhood, or a change in apartments. I am excited about the dreamy day when I move into a house where I can have more of the things I talked about here.

I signed up for a photography class, which has been on my to do list for way too long. I always admire people's photography skills, but I've never taken a class, in part because I may just find out that I suck irreparably at photography. And maybe I will take the most wretched photos ever, or maybe I'll be the greatest photography talent the world has ever seen. What? It could happen. For now, though, I'll just take the class and see.

I'm still job hunting, and trying to look at it differently, but it's a little raw, so I'll keep that to myself for now. And the house - well, it's a journey, not a destination. That's what they say about life, right? Well, my house has a life of its own, so it's appropriate.

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Beta said...

Wow, you sound very inspirational! I pretty much have a policy of not making resolutions - for the same reason as you - I get all uptight and frustrated when I don't meet those goals. I'm sure a therapist would have a field day with my general (cynical) outlook on goals and expectations.
Anyway, I'm excited about your photography class!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger MikaJ said...

I can't wait to see your pics! I have been trying to take more pics. I loaded up my real camera with film...so we will see. I wish I was there the ring in the new year with you! Are you around the very last weekend in March...I am thinking of making a DC trip!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home