The Reconstruction: Half-done and half-crazy

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Half-done and half-crazy

You'd think that with my hiatus from blogging, I'd have gotten some stuff done. Well, you'd be wrong. :) Lots of shopping at the home despot, but everything is still in a half-done state. I built most of the box that will go in the kitchen in the space I made between the wall studs. But it's not quite done. I'm still organizing and unpacking, but it's not quite done. And I'm still emptying stuff out of the storage unit, but it's not quite done either. I've also been thwarted by the rattling, stalling, and subsequent towing of my dear old car. Goodbye paycheck, it was nice knowing you!

But I did buy some blue paint for the bedroom. Honestly, I was so confounded by the choices that I just forced myself to pick something. I can always re-paint, right? So, I'm giving Harbor Mist a try. I had a urge to try Bluetonium, but I have to admit, I might have just been attracted to the name.

We have managed to get rid of a ton of boxes. But this seems to result in us making big heaps of stuff, because we get a lot of satisfaction out of emptying a box and tossing it out, but not so much satisfaction in going through everything in the box, sorting it, and putting it away in an appropriate location. Hmm, what was that I said about liking organizing?

Well, we're going away this weekend (10 hours of driving - 20 for the roundtrip - hooray!), and R* will be our house/cat sitter. We've stocked the house with ice cream as payment for his duties. He's actually cat-sitting for two cats this weekend, so we had to lure him to our house with something!

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger MikaJ said...

where are you guys going?
somewhere fun?

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear "progress" is being made. Heard about the first leg of your trip. Hope the return went smoothly.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger bugheart said...

hooray for
road trips
and
cat-sitters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home